Activities at the Grey Fox Inn
- Swimming — Heated outdoor pool (seasonal), plus heated indoor pool (year-round).
- Biking — There is direct access from our property to the Stowe Recreation Path. This 5 ½ mile path extends from Stowe Village winding alongside the Little River.
- Walking & Jogging — See above! With the “Rec Path” right in our backyard, guests can enjoy both leisurely & fast-paced walks, jogging, roller-blading, and general exploring of the natural beauty of Stowe.
- Mountain Biking — For those interested in a more rigorous biking experience, Stowe has numerous marked mountain bike trails with a few of the most well-known less than a half-mile from the Grey Fox.
- Exercising — Our air-conditioned fitness room is available 24 hours a day. Overlooking the indoor pool, it has a universal cable machine, free weights and cardio equipment.
- Relaxing — The indoor pool area also houses a sauna and hot tub for guests, open until 9pm daily.
- Family fun — Swim, bike, explore and relax with your tots and teens alike. The facilities and surroundings at the Grey Fox Inn offer a fantastic family bonding opportunity.
Activities at Stowe and Nearby Area
Snow and Ice Things to do
- Skiing & Snowboarding — Hit the slopes! Just 5 miles up the road from Grey Fox is the majestic Mount Mansfield and Stowe Mountain Resort. Info on lift tickets, rentals, shuttle servce and downhill trail maps can be found at https://www.stowe.com/the-mountain/about-the-mountain/mountain-info.aspx.
Monitor local ski and snowboard conditions via https://www.onthesnow.com/vermont/stowe-mountain-resort/ski-resort.html.
- Cross Country Skiing — There are two major cross country skiing centers in the area: Stowe Mountain Resort and Trapps Family Lodge. “Trapps” is a quick 2 mile trek from the Grey Fox Inn, and offers snowshoeing as well. See https://www.trappfamily.com/skiing-snowshoeing.htm.
- Snowmobiling — Stowe and the surrounding region is home to hundreds of miles of snowmobile trails. Enjoy this invigorating winter sport by booking a guided tour or arranging to use your own recreational vehicle. For details on snowmobiling options, visit the Stowe Snowmobile Club website at http://vtvast.org.
- Ice Skating & Hockey — Stowe Village hosts a state-of-the-art indoor skating rink, Stowe Arena. The arena is open to the public for rink skating, team hockey and casual “stick time”. For an ice schedule, per-person rates, and skate rental fees, go to https://www.stowerec.org/about-stowe-arena.
- Maple Syrup Tour — Tapping sugar maple trees since 1980! Nebraska Knoll Sugar Farm located 6 miles from Stowe village welcomes visitors year-round to their Sugarhouse and offers seasonal (winter-spring) tours. Take a browse through their website http://www.nebraskaknoll.com.
Warmer Weather Things to do
- Golfing — There are two major golf courses in Stowe: Stowe Country Club and Stowe Mountain Resort. Stowe Country Club is only a 2-minute drive from Grey Fox on Cape Cod Road, and offers both daytime and twilight tee-off packages https://www.stowevtgolf.com . Golfing at Stowe Mountain Resort is about 10 minutes from our facility.
- Hiking — Numerous moderately rugged hiking trails are located a short distance away from the Grey Fox Inn…the Stowe Pinnacle Trail, Mt. Mansfield Long Trail Loop (also in Stowe), and Camel Hump in Waterbury just to name a few. For more information go to www.alltrails.com/us/vermont/stowe.
- Kayaking & Canoeing — Less than an hour from the Grey Fox Inn are numerous reservoirs, rivers and lakes that offer some of the most scenic and pristine paddling venues in New England. Examples are Waterbury Reservoir in Waterbury, Green River reservoir in Hyde Park, Mollys Falls in Marshfield. See https://vtstateparks.com/boating.html#northeast for paddling options at local state parks. Looking to rent a kayak or canoe? Check out the links and listings at www.gostowe.com/activity/paddling-2.
- Fishing — Whether a weekend romp with friends or family vacation activity, there are numerous ways to experience fishing in and around the Stowe area. Visit Waterbury Centre State Park https://vtstateparks.com/waterbury.html or set up a half- or full-day tour with Catamount Fishing Adventures http://www.catamountfishing.com.
- Zip Lining — Two great zip line sites are within 30 minutes of Grey Fox. Arbortrek at Smuggler’s Notch offers a zip line canopy tour open year-round, as well as a seasonal treetop obstacle course; visit https://arbortrek.com for details. ZipTour Adventure at Stowe Mountain Resort hosts zip tours that last about 2 hours, and include a gondola ride up Mount Mansfield…see https://www.stowe.com/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/summer-adventures/ziptour-adventure.aspx.
Relaxing Things to do
- Auto Toll Road Drive — Just a few miles away from the Grey Fox Inn is the Auto Toll Road. This scenic route winds its way up to the summit ridge of Mt. Mansfield. There is parking at the summit where you can walk and hike the ridge, and view dramatic scenes of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack mountains. Note that bikes and motorcycles are not allowed on the Toll road, and it is only open weather permitting from April to October. Learn more at https://www.stowe.com/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/summer-adventures.aspx.
- Wine Touring — Round out an action-packed weekend with a relaxing drive and wine tour at Boyden Valley Winery. About 30 minutes from Grey Fox, the Winery is located on Route 104 in Cambridge, through the breathtaking “Notch” up Mountain Road. In addition to tours, a range of local wines, including ice wine, are available for tasting and purchase on site. Visit https://boydenvalley.com for details.
- Museums and Galleries — The West Branch Gallery and Sculpture Park is a short walk away from the Grey Fox Inn. It boasts both indoor and outdoor galleries of works by painters, sculptors and photographers from across the country. See http://westbranchgallery.com for current and upcoming exhibitions. The Vermont Ski & Snowboarding Museum in nearby Stowe Village is also a popular attraction…https://www.vtssm.org.
Additional Things to do…
- Rock Climbing
- Carriage, Wagon & Sleigh Riding
- Chocolatier Tour
- Cider Tasting
- Horseback Riding
- Hot Air Ballooning & Glider Rides
- Miniature golfing
…Call and ask us for details!