Activities at the Grey Fox Inn
- Swimming – Our Outdoor and heated in-door pool year round,
- Basketball – Our outdoor sports court has basketball hoops and balls available court side for use throughout the day,
- Bad mitten – Our outdoor sports court has a court and rackets for use throughout the day,
- Biking – We have bikes on-site for full and half day rental by our guests. There is direct access from our property to the Stowe Recreation Path. This 5 ½ mile path extends from Stowe Village winding alongside the Little River,
- Mountain Biking – For those interested in a more rigorous biking experience, Stowe has numerous marked mountain bike trails with some a few hundred feet from the Grey Fox Inn,
- Walking & Jogging – Given on property access to the Stowe “Rec Path” provides our guests easy access and use of the path for leisurely walks, jogging, roller boarding, roller skating et al,
- Exercising – Use of our fitness area by guests is available throughout the day. Overlooking the in-door pool, the air conditioned facility includes a universal gym, treadmills, elliptical, stationary bike and rower,
- Relaxing – Our in-door pool area has a sauna and hot tub available to our guests throughout the day,
- Sledding – During the winter, conditions permitting, junior sleds are available for guests and their family for use on the small snow runs found beside the Mountain View building.
Activities at Stowe and Near-by Area
Snow and Ice Things to do
- Skiing & Snowboarding – A significant winter attraction is skiing at Stowe Mountain Resort. Just 5 miles up Mountain Road. Mt Mansfield skiing is accessible via the free shuttle service or by car,
- Cross Country Skiing – We have two major cross country skiing centers to be found at Stowe Mountain Resort and Trapps Family Lodge. Cross country skiing on Mt Mansfield is about 4 miles up Mountain Road from the Grey Fox Inn. Skiing at “Trapps” is about 2 miles from us on Trapp Hill Road.
- Snowmobiling – Stowe and the surrounding area is home to hundreds of miles of snow mobile trails. There are several ways to enjoy snowmobiling from arranging guided tours from local sports business or arranging to use your own equipment. For details on snowmobiling options contact Stowe Snowmobile Club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ice skating & Hockey – Stowe Village hosts a state-of-the-art in-door skating rink, Stowe Arena. The arena is open to the public for rink skating and to competitive team hockey. For an ice schedule and other detail information about the arena contact: www.stowerec.org/stowe-arena/about.
Warmer Weather Things to do
- Golfing – There are two major golf courses in Stowe. Stowe Country Club and Stowe Mountain Resort. Stowe Country Club is about 2 minutes from the Grey Fox Inn on Cape Cod Road. Golfing at Stowe Mountain Resort is about 10 minutes from our facility directly up Mountain Road.
- Hiking – There are numerous moderately rugged hiking trails within 30 minutes of the Grey Fox Inn. Pinnacle Trail in Stowe, Mt. Mansfield Long Trail loop in Stowe, Camel Hump in Waterbury to name a few. For more information contact: www.alltrails.com/us/vermont/stowe.
- Kayaking & Canoeing – Within less than an hour from the Grey Fox Inn are numerous reservoirs, rivers and lakes that offer some of the most scenic and pristine paddling venues in New England; Waterbury Reservoir in Waterbury, Green River reservoir in Hyde Park, Mollys Falls in Marshfield to name a few. For an overview of kayaking and canoeing sights near Stowe try: www.scout.me/kayaking-and-canoeing–near–stowe-vt
- Zip Lining – Two significant zip line tours are within 30 minutes from the Grey Fox Inn. Arbortrek offers a variety of tours that range from 1 hour up to 3 hours. Tours are found at Smugglers Notch resort. Arbors zip lining is also offered at the Stowe Mountain resort with tours from 1 ½ hours and up to 3 hours.
Relaxing Things to do
- Auto Toll Road Drive – Just 4 miles up Mountain Road from the Grey Fox Inn is the Auto Toll Road. This scenic road winds its way up to the summit ridge of Mt. Mansfield. There is parking at the summit where you can walk and hike the ridge and view dramatic scenes of Lake Champlain and New York’s Adirondack mountains. Note bikes and motorcycles are not permitted.
- Wine Touring – A relaxing drive and wine tour may be just the right thing after a more action packed activity. About 30 minutes from the Grey Fox Inn is Boyden Valley winery. Located on Route 104 in Cambridge up Mountain Road and thru “The Notch”. The winery has a range of local wines, including ice wine and offers tastings and tours to visitors. For more detail contact: www.boydenvalley.com.
- Miniature golfing – Within walking distance from the Grey Fox Inn is Stowe Golf Park. Located on Mountain Road, the min golf park offers a contoured, landscaped mini golf for relaxing fun for kids of all ages.
Additional Things to do
- Rock Climbing
- Carriage & Wagon Riding
- Horseback Riding
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Glider Rides
- Reading a Book